Last weekend, I made dolmadakia (stuffed grape leaves) for the first time! I had been wanting to try, and I finally gave a try using fresh grape leaves from the laiki.
Once boiled, lower the heat and simmer till cooked (with the lid on) .
I compared different recipes and decided the ingredients and their quantities.
I had 250g of grape leaves (about 60 leaves), but because the filling fell short, I should have put 1.5-2 cups of rice.
Actually, I tried again this weekend, and I put 1.5 cups of rice. However, the leaves were smaller this time, so I had to unwrap some again to stuff the remaining filling. It’s difficult to measure the right amount… :(